Hello Year 4,
We have lots more exciting activities planned for you. All the activities we would like you to do are listed below and some worksheets are available to download.
All of the Year 4 Team
You can also download the Year 4 Home Learning booklet and see recommended online activities. There are links to these on https://greatcrosbycatholicprimary.com/favourite-websites
4B - Mrs J. Byrne and Mrs C. Benson
4CW - Mrs H. Crann and Mrs S. Walker
4R - Mrs N. Richards
Mrs E. Bentley, Mrs L. Kemp, Miss M. Kerwin, Mrs L. Mansfield, Mrs L. McAlister
· If you have not already done so, please watch How to Train your Dragon 1, 2 and 3
· Write a character description of Hiccup (please see the template included)
· Make a comic strip about ‘The New Adventures of Hiccup.’
· Listen to the How to Train your Dragon being read on YouTube by David Tennant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wAeB09o0BI
· Learn the spellings for this week. (please see the spellings included)
· Use the Collins Co-build Dictionary to find out the definitions.
· Complete the Dictionary Detectives activities. (please see the template included)
· Put the spellings into a sentence of your own.
· Make a wordsearch for someone in your house to complete using your spellings.
· Continue to practise your tables using Times Tables Rockstars. https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/26823 We are in a 'Top of the Rocks' competition with other Merseyside schools, so we need you to win as many points as you can!
· Take a look at the Topmarks website https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=16
· Have a go on some of the games – Hit the Button we know is one of your favourites!
· Continue to log into your Manga High account and access the games
· Play some board games – Snakes and Ladders, Monopoly
· Go on the Stem Website. They are constantly updating their resources
Our text Science topics are States of Matter and Sound. There are resources to share and activities to complete. These are available to download below. This contains folders for States of Matter and Sound.
Listen to the Water Cycle song on You tube
Carry out some research about an inventor of your choice and present your information in the form of a PowerPoint.
· Find out who the Vikings were and where they came from.
· Imagine you were a Viking setting sail for England, plot your journey and write about your adventures on the way.
States of Matter Crossword Home Learning Task Editable (doc)Download
Water Cycle Game Home Learning Task A4 (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Presentation Solid Liquid or Gas (pptx)Download
Lesson 1 Activity Sheet Liquids and Gases Sorting Cards (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Activity Sheet Particle Properties (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Particle Information Cards (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 States of Matter Photo Pack (pdf)Download
Lesson 2 Presentation Investigating Gases (ppt)Download
Lesson 2 Activity Sheet Comparing Gases Editable (doc)Download
Lesson 3 Presentation Heating and Cooling (ppt)Download
Lesson 3 Activity Sheet Melting Chocolate Investigation (pdf)Download
Lesson 3 Activity Sheet Melting Points (pdf)Download
Lesson 4 Presentation Wonderful Water (ppt)Download
Lesson 4 Activity Sheet Changing State (pdf)Download
Lesson 4 Activity Sheet Three States of Water (pdf)Download
Lesson 4 Plan Wonderful Water (pdf)Download
Lesson 5 Presentation Evaporation Investigation (ppt)Download
Lesson 5 Activity Sheet Evaporation Investigation Editable (doc)Download
Lesson 5 Activity Sheet Washing Line Conclusions BW Editable (doc)Download
Lesson 5 Evaporation Statements Black and White (pdf)Download
Lesson 6 Presentation The Water Cycle (ppt)Download
Lesson 6 The Water Cycle Large Display Poster A4 (pdf)Download
Lesson 6 Activity Sheet Mini Water Worlds Editable (doc)Download
Lesson 6 Water Cycle Wheel (pdf)Download
Good Vibrations Sound Game Black and White (pdf)Download
Good Vibrations Sound Game (pdf)Download
Sound Survey Editable (doc)Download
Sound Survey (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Activity Sheet Sound Mind Map (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Activity Sheet School Sound Survey (pdf)Download
Lesson 1 Presentation Good Vibrations (pptx)Download
Lesson 2 Presentation Hearing Sounds (ppt)Download
Lesson 2 Activity Sheet Science of Sound (pdf)Download
Lesson 3 Presentation Higher and Lower (ppt)Download
Lesson 3 Activity Sheet Exploring Pitch Editable (doc)Download
Lesson 3 Activity Sheet Straw Pan Pipes (pdf)Download
Lesson 4 Presentation String Telephone (ppt)Download
Leeson 4 Activity Sheet String Telephone (pdf)Download
Lesson 4 Activity Sheet Travelling Sounds (pdf)Download
Lesson 5 Presentation Soundproofing (ppt)Download
Lesson 5 Activity Sheet Soundproofed Studio (pdf)Download
Lesson 6 Presentation Making Music (ppt)Download
Lesson 6 Activity Sheet Making Music (pdf)Download
Lesson 6 Activity Sheet Sound Q and A Word Mat (pdf)Download
Lesson 6 Activity Sheet Sound Q and A Answers (pdf)Download
· Find out where the source and the mouth of the River Mersey is.
· Research the River Mersey, and tell someone you know about what you have found out, do they know anything about the river you didn’t know.
· Design and make your own coat of arms
· Design and make your own Viking shield and sword
· Make your own Viking ship – template included
· Make a bird feeder
· Make a wind chime
· Make a river collage
· Make your own Easter card
· Make your own Easter basket – template included
· Make Rice Krispie cakes
· Design an Easter egg hunt for your family
· Make your own Easter hat
This week Year 4 having been baking delicious biscuits. The recipe is a simple one, requiring only three ingredients.
To make 16 biscuits:
You will need two baking trays
100g (4oz) of softened butter
50g (2oz) of caster sugar
150g (6oz) of self-raising flour
Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4.
Lightly butter two baking trays. (We used greaseproof paper)
Measure the butter into a bowl and beat to soften.
Gradually beat in the sugar and then the flour.
Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
Form the dough into 16 balls about the size of a walnut and place spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays.
Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until a very pale golden.
Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
After baking our biscuits, we dipped them in chocolate and sprinkled on hundreds and thousands.
We wrapped them in tissue paper and took them home for our families in decorated boxes.
Very well done to both of our Y4 teams who competed at the Multi Skills tournament at Chesterfield High School. Many of the children were representing our school for the first time. Out of 20 teams, we were delighted to be placed 1st and 5th.